Sunday, October 30, 2011

Dancing in the Dark (Lindsey)

Wow! It's been awhile since my last post. It's been busy around here! Our good friend Jess got married last weekend and it's been a whirlwind of festivities, work, and trying to fit in training. I was the photographer for Jess' wedding and was completely exhausted last Sunday so I moved my long run to Monday after work. Living on the east coast, it gets dark here fairly early these days so my 10 mile run ended in the dark. Creepy! Our neighborhood also does not provide good street lamp lighting. Let me tell you, it's quite strange running in the dark.  You can't really see where your feet are touching down on the pavement so your stride adjusts to over compensate. It's interesting... and a little glimpse into our future for our runs this winter. I'm going to invest in a reflective vest and head lamp this week so hopefully I don't get taken out by a motorist and so I can see better.

In honor of my "dance in the dark" this week, my inspirational long run song is: Dance in the Dark by my favorite - Lady Gaga!

111 Days to go!

L

2 comments:

  1. Really? You're going with Gaga over Springsteen? Well, in honor of all you ladies beginning multiple night runs starting next week after the time changes here is the real thing, Courtney Cox and all.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=129kuDCQtHs

    - Zach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg...I honestly just saw your post. I said word for word what you did about investing in reflective gear and a head lamp. HA! OOPS! I guess great minded marathoners think alike?

    ReplyDelete