Sunday, October 9, 2011

Dodge ball & recovery (Austin)

Even if all this training doesn't pay off on race day...I will definitely be prepared for any sport that requires dodging objects or being quick on your feet.  On Wednesday, Heather and I ran 4 miles at Riverview.
Note to self...don't run Riverview between the hours of 5pm and 6:30 on a weekday.  I applaud all of the active families, however children learning to ride their bikes down hills + runners with Ipods in don't mix well.  And my puppy fever is now worse than ever....even when a St. Bernard sized dog almost knocked me over.
Our running pattern this week was 3, 4, 3 miles on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.  Then yesterday morning we tackled the 9 mile long run in downtown Charlottesville.  The weather was gorgeous and we finished in about an hour and a half.  The hills were no fun but otherwise it was surprisingly an easy run.
We came home to omelets filled with broccoli, spinach, and white beans (I should have taken a picture!) made by my loving brother-in-law.  The protein from the eggs and the carbs from our toast/yogurt made for a great "recovery" meal.  The recovery didn't stop there though.
We met Lindsey, Jess, and Hillary at the downtown mall for brunch/mimosas at Siips and then couldn't leave without a little Sweet Frogs frozen yogurt! I had the cake batter + cheesecake topped with nothing healthy (and I didn't care)!
Now I'm going to spend my Sunday doing homework and being lazy.  According to Hal, I should be cross-training but I really haven't decided what that is yet.

3 comments:

  1. mmm... Sweet Frogs. It was a well deserved treat that Hal says is an ok treat to have. I swear, it's in his book. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying to make me miss you guys and Charlottesville even more by mentioning the sweet frogs, huh? Hil even let Jess go get frozen yogurt? Did she at least limit her toppings? Things do change, I guess! WELL, Adam just saw today in Cville weekly that sweet frogs is planning to expand to Maryland!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She even let Jess eat lunch too (although it was just a salad). She's getting soft in her old age

    ReplyDelete