Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Monsoon Week (Lindsey)

Wow! What a week. Charlottesville had booku's of rain this week. I was so proud of myself because I actually got out and ran in it. There is nothing like running 5 miles in pouring rain, nothing. The only downfall was my shoes got soaked, which leads me to my picture below....


Yes those are new shoes! Heather and I went to Ragged Mountain Running Shop on the Corner this past Friday to get officially fitted into some new running shoes. In order to help them out I brought in my wet sneakers which at this point smelled like a dead cat. They didn't even flinch when they picked up my shoes to evaluate them. When I apologized for the stench, the guy helping me out didn't bat an eye and said, "you should see mine." And that is when I knew I was in good hands. Thanks Ragged Mountain for helping me find my new kicks. Can you tell I underpronate?! The really funny part of the story is that when Heather and I walked out of the store we realized we both bought the same pair of shoes. Nice! 

This week's long run was supposed to be 9miles, however I wasn't able to fit in my last short run of the week so I opted to run 10 with Heather. We ran the Charlottesville 10miler course this morning and finished at 1:50. Not too shabby. 

Song that got me through the last mile after hitting my "wall" at 9 miles - Katy Perry's Firework (yes super cheese but effective). 
125 Days to go!

2 comments: