Monday, December 26, 2011

welcome to the dark side of the moon (Lindsey)

Breathe.
Breathe, breathe in the air... look around and choose your own ground/ for long you live and high you fly.
This past weekend I took on my longest run to date - 15 miles.

On the Run.
Run, run rabbit run.
To be quite honest, the distance was a little overwhelming in the beginning. But just like the energizer bunny, this chic put one foot in front of the other to get it done.


Time.
Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain/ You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today/ And then one day you find ten years have got behind you/ No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.
Running long distance means you've got time. Time to think, agonize over little aches and pains, and play mental games with yourself so you can make it to the end.

Breathe.
When I come home coldened and tired/ It's good to warm my bones beside the fire.
There is nothing like walking through the front door after a long run. The seconds before you plop down on the couch...heavenly.

Money.
Money, get away.
The minutes, hours after the run, when I'm decompressing, are the simplest and purest of moments. I forget about my worries and relax... or maybe that's a runners high?

Us and Them.
Us and them/ and after all we're only ordinary men/ Me and you.
I really missed my running buddies this week. It was torture running that distance without my friends to help me along the way. Never again guys!

Brain Damage.
And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear/ You shout and no one seems to hear/ And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes/ I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
The higher the mileage gets, the more I think I've lost my mind.

Eclipse.
All that is now/ All that is gone/ All that's come/ and everything under the sun is in tune/ But the sun is eclipsed by the moon./ There is no dark side on the moon really. 
but the heck with it, thank you runners high. You've made it easy for me to forget the mental and physical torment and take on the road again, next week. 


Song to pull me through the last minutes of my run when all I wanted to do was lay out on the sidewalk and take a nap - I Like It by Enrique Iglesias. 


For those of you not catching the reference... see Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd. 


54 days to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment