Friday, November 25, 2011

the last piece of pie... (Lindsey)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. As I write this I am enjoying familial laughter, the Simpson's, doggie fur, and one too many pieces of pie. I love the holidays. It's so nice to spend time with people who you are just comfortable with, who love you despite your quirks, and may share your healthy appetite for competition. I'm sure game night part 2 is about to start...

Well, we've reached the dark side of training, the untapped mileage is about to be tapped. I ate my pieces of pie without guilt this year because I'm about to embark on the impossible. Thankfully I have two great running buddies to share the blood, sweat, and tears. I also have one of the most supportive hubbies ever. Zach and I ran the Richmond half marathon a couple weeks ago and it turned out to be a motivating experience. The week before the race I was actually very fearful that I would have a difficult time, that I wouldn't feel good after the race and that would bring me down about my marathon training. However, it turned out to be quite the opposite. Zach ran the whole race with me (because he is super sweet) and I ended taking 13 minutes off my time! That was super motivating. But to top it off, I felt great after the race. Bonus! So in the very least I'm embarking on my impossible journey on the right foot.
Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend!

85 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment