Tuesday, July 24, 2012

barefoot happiness (Lindsey)

I love to be barefoot - around my house, on the patio, in my office, on a photo shoot. Yes, I've even popped my shoes off at the barn but let's not get into details about how stupid that is. Sometimes you need to take of your shoes and feel the ground under your feet. I just may do this more than others.


This would be example "A" of my barefoot obsession. I like to photograph my feet in locations that have meaning to me or have shown me how far I've come in my life. This one was taken in a creek at Camp McDowell in Alabama.

But I digress...

Where am I going with this? oh yeah - barefoot. So, since my last post I've had a battle with poison ivy and the flu (in the summer!!). Needless to say training was adjusted if not put on hold for a bit. I finally got back on track last week and felt the need to push myself to makeup for lost time. This left me a little exhausted on Thursday for my short run. Finishing up my last couple of miles I thought, "hey, take off your shoes woman! The soft grass will feel great on your feet." It was just the rejuvenation I needed. I don't know what it is about running through the grass (albeit was the football field) that makes you feel like a deer springing across an open field. It's magic. Plus the wet grass feels so good when it's so hot outside. I can't believe I haven't done more shoeless running. Adam (my glorious trainer) had mentioned it last year when I was working on my stride. I tried it once, maybe twice but found it somewhat difficult and really awkward. I remember only being able to last a couple laps around the track. Thursday I flew through a couple miles like it wasn't a big deal. (I see progress!) No, I don't think you will see me sporting vibram 5 finger shoes (although I do love my quasi minimal running shoes - PureCadence by Brooks) but that doesn't mean I won't be treating myself to some barefoot running at the end of a long week.

95 Days to go

Currently running to - Ke$ha - TiK ToK

No comments:

Post a Comment